Monday, December 2, 2019

What A Haul...

Black Friday is a good time to be a hypernerd.  It's all about cheap games and tech.  Thanks to a lot of hard saving, I managed to pick up a lot of stuff.

First off, we have four games, with Tropico 6 being the crown jewel.  You'd better believe I'll be plugging a lot of hours into this one and yes, there will be a review in the near future.  Bloodstained is a game I've been waiting a long time to grab and review.  It sucks that I could only find a pre-owned copy, but it seemed to be the only copy I could find in my city.  Rayman Origins was a nice pick up.  I played the Wii version quite a bit and I will also play the PS4 version a lot.  Nioh was a cheap pick up, so I just went for it.  It should be interesting as I'm going into it totally blind.  Perhaps there may be a review.

Not a bad set of pickups, but not as good as it could have been.

Tropico 6 is definitely the standout in this bunch.
Up next is the Genesis Mini.  I have lots of past Genesis collections, but there were a number of games on this thing I've never played, such as Castlevania Bloodlines and Contra Hard Core.  I absolutely can't wait to fire this thing up and review it.  I know I'm late to the party on this, but the timing couldn't be more relevant to me for reasons that will be explained in the coming review.

Review on this coming soon.
Finally, we have not just one, but two of the best shitty computers money can buy.  First is the HP Pavillion with a Ryzen 5 processor.  The outer shell is metal, so it's kind of nice to touch.  It's also quite light, so that's good, too.  It sucks that there's no disk drive, but that's why you don't throw out your old computers.  Is it the powerhouse it's been made out to be?  I intend to find out.  Make no mistake, I will put this thing through the ringer.  Maybe my Steam version of City Skylines will actually work on this, unlike on my last two computers.  Here's hoping...

The other computer is an HP laptop (no special name) with an A9 processor.  Not sure what to expect from it, but it was only $200.  The specs weren't too impressive and there's no disk drive (apparently that's the future of computers), but maybe it's better than it looks.  It could be a serviceable backup.

And that was my Black Friday haul.  As you can see, things are going to get very busy here at The Hypernerd.  Lots of reviews and other stuff are on the way.  Stay tuned and prepare for some more good reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment